ADR Vantage, Inc. has an immediate opening for a Business Development Manager in Washington, DC with a background in professional services, preferably Organizational Development, Conflict Resolution, Training, Coaching or related. We are committed to our mission of helping people work better together, and our new team member must share the same passion for our mission, be proactive, entrepreneurial and a self-starter motivated to make sales as well as possess exemplary relationship-building, communication (written and verbal), networking, negotiation and project management skills.
Position Overview: The Business Development Manager position is a “hands-on” role – responsible for helping us expand our clientele and revenue sources through identifying, developing, and implementing an effective sales and marketing strategy. The primary goal of this position is to drive sustainable financial growth through maintaining a robust sales pipeline and maximizing available resources and tools.
Essential Job Functions:
• Develop a growth strategy and set goals based on our core competencies and desired prospects that focus on financial gain, diversification of client base and customer satisfaction.
• Build long-term relationships with new and existing customers, potential partners and industry representatives.
• Conduct research to identify target markets, customer needs and industry trends.
• Draft, manage and present proposals for contract opportunities.
• Implement marketing/sales activities, arrange business meetings with prospective clients and partners and negotiate opportunities.
• Screen potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, business potential, and financial cost-benefit, and make recommendations for investment of resources.
• Close new business deals by coordinating requirements, developing and negotiating contracts, and integrating contract requirements with staffing and business operations.
• Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential and representing our brand faithfully.
• Continuously update job knowledge and knowledge of our services by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating
in professional organizations, etc.
• Enhance our reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Proven sales planning, prospecting, marketing and closing skills
• Demonstrated ability to meet sales goals and produce sustained revenue growth
• Exceptional presentation skills and ability to sell to the customer’s needs
• Demeanor that is energetic, professional, & pleasant combined with exceptional communications skills
• Bachelor’s in business administration, marketing, an industry relevant field or equivalent experience
• HR, OD, ADR, EEO, ER, and/or training knowledge strongly preferred
• Previous government contract and proposal writing experience strongly preferred
To apply, send a statement demonstrating why you’re a good fit for this position, a current resume, a writing sample (5 pages max), and three references. Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the header “Business Development Manager” by July 17, 2017. Incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls please.